Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow Fall

Yes, this is exactly what it looks like.... We do not have the first snow of Winter, no we have the first snow of Fall! Notice the squirrel on the fence...he's wondering where Autumn went. Me too! I spent my morning between Fall cleaning and rumaging through snow stuff in the basement looking for the kids bibs and boots, mittens and hats! Sarah has already been out building snowmen with the neighbor girls and Sophie is begging to get out in it! I love snow, but I'm not sure I will be able to accept gracefully such a brief interlude between Summer and Winter! I need Fall. I need to breathe it in and feel it crunch under my feet. I need to rake up a big pile of leaves and watch my kids roll around on the ground until their hair is full of Autumn colors. I am not ready for snow angels, snow men or snow shovels...but I guess if it comes with a steamy cup of cocoa warming little frozen fingers (even if it means water puddles in the back hallway), I can embrace it for today. (But can I have Autumn back next week?)

No comments: