Friday, November 10, 2006

Rocking Chair Kitchen Prayer

A few weeks ago my littlest one had some restless nights, so my husband moved the rocking chair from our closed in porch into the kitchen (my special place) so this tired mama could rock and rest with the little jewel in my arms. She seems to have a little trouble with reflux that was causing her a great deal of discomfort at night, especially when laying on her back. So I went to work investigating my diet, in hopes to bring her some relief, and made an effort to keep her propped up for sleeping. She is much better now so mommy's catching up on sleep, too. But the rocking chair has found a permanent home in my kitchen. The kitchen is my sanctuary...I spend the greatest portion of my day there. In the early mornings (except for when the sunrise beckons me from my front porch) you will most likely find me in my kitchen by candlelight, huddled in the rocking chair. The more time I spend there, the more my heart takes joy in serving my lovely ones, the more I delight in dinner to be served, dishes to be washed and rewashed and rewashed. My heart begins to be thankful that my little dishwasher has proven itself a better rinser/sanitizer than washer! Because now I have the opportunity to learn to lovingly wash each dish with my own hands, an act of worship from a thankful heart...yes everything imparts His grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have learned that there is grace in almost anything you do when you believe that way and see the way God wants us to see. In large part to the book you let me read:))