Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back to Blogging

Hi everyone! My big kids are back in school...my little ones nap in the morning, I'm ready to starting blogging again. Yay! I thought I'd start with this list for today...10 random things about me. (this would be a fun one to continue adding to in the future.)

1. I love the poetry of mystic saints.
2. I basically like hugging trees, flowers, ladybugs, blades of grass and hollyhocks, plus many other natural things.
3. I love Indian food and Indian music.
4. I love hot tea, especially earl grey...for the flavor, the comfort and the aesthetics of a dainty, aromatic cup of tea in my hand. {Aesthetics (also spelled esthetics) is a branch of philosophy, a species of value theory or axiology, which is the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste. Aesthetics is closely associated with the philosophy of art.)--Wikipedia} ---I do get a little emotional about my tea.
5. I watch "That's So Raven" on Saturday mornings with my kids.
6. I want to be a writer when I grow up.
7. I miss riding my little blue bike to West street to sit on the curb and watch the sunset. I don't see the sunset very often anymore. (maybe I should ride my bike to Kelli's.)
8. I love, love, love words.
9. I'm a vegetarian and I like tofu.
10. I love to read out loud.

Okay, your turn, blogger-friends...just for fun (and so we can know you better) write a blog with 10 random facts about you!

3 comments:

Ros said...

Good idea..

how long have you been vegetarian. There are a lot of vegetarians, even vegans, at my work. We have monthly morning tea parties so we have to come up with creative vegetarian ideas.

Ruthie said...

It's something we've been thinking about for years but we finally actually went vegetarian soon after Ruby was born...so it's been a little over a year. It was a very easy and natural transition for us. You don't run into many vegetarians or vegans around here, but I have noticed that even the regular grocery stores are carrying more and more products (along with all the other eco-friendly stuff) that make being vegetarian easy and interesting.

Do you remember Anthony's icecream across from the gas station at the end of the street you guys lived on? If you turn right there and then into the little street on the left between those two buildings you drive back to the new recycle place...it's much nicer than the one we went to when you were here...in fact they tore that place down because it was such a mess!

Ros said...

Interesting.. and how could I forget where all the icecreameries were located? ;)

Glad they are making it easier to be vegetarian there. I think there are quite a few vegetarians in Seattle - at least we ran into quite a few.

And as I said, many many people out here are vegetarian.