Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Bigelow's Vanilla Almond

I'm thankful for my next-door friend who decided not to wait until Christmas to deliver a box of Bigelow Tea's coveted Vanilla Almond. We've both grieved this line being pulled from local grocer's shelves, bought multiple boxes at a time wherever found, and shared our dwindling stock.

What is it about this tea that keeps us hunting it down? It is, as with all well- brewed tea, the aroma. Mmmmn. Maybe it is the fragrance of friendship, of late nights sitting up together, hot tea cupped in hands. Front porches, wicker seating, great conversation and tea.

I needed a good cuppa today. But more than that, I needed the smiling face, the "I couldn't make you wait 'til Christmas." Thank you, friend...that meant a lot to me today.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You truly are a blessing in my life:)
That Vanilla Almond tea is what got me hooked on hot tea, it is dear to my heart, just like you....a true friend:)

Ros said...

It sounds nice.. have you tried asking the store to restock it? Sometimes requesting a product will make them bring it back. Maybe if enough people ask....