Friday, June 10, 2005

Everything I Need to Know..... I learned while my son was in Kindergarten.

My son graduated from kindergarten yesterday. I learned a few things this year, too. My son's kindergarten teacher uses a lapel-microphone. Now that's a great idea. She never has to raise her voice and incredibly with a class full of 5 and 6 years olds maintains an even and pleasant tone. Mrs. Krantz is somewhat of a celebrity in our house. Since the girls and I walked Samuel around the corner to school in the mornings and walked back to pick him up at noon, my 4-year-old daughter was always excited to see Mrs. Krantz, who often greeted the girls by name. Sending my first-born off to school was really tough, but I know he had a good experience. Even so, I'm glad to have my son home with me all day for the Summer!

2 comments:

Juliet said...

I have never heard of a teacher using a microphone. Great idea!

Ruthie said...

I agree, Juliet. When I went to school with Sam on the first day and saw her put it on I was sort of in awe...a teacher with a lapel-mic...Wow, I need one of those at home!