Friday, June 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday: the good stuff

I woke up Wednesday morning at 5:30 am in a tent to Ruby's joyful and surprised exclamation, "Bids sing, Mom! Bids sing songs!" You must understand that those weeks when your child begins to really grasp language are some of the most delightful and entertaining you will ever experience. My littlest jewel is expressing in language the thoughts that have been forming over the past two years...and I am loving getting to know her in this sweet new way! Not only has she informed me on the bird's morning songs, but she has also learned to ask for coc-lac milp, pop-icles, and has warned me in song to "wats out" for "pireman." I am, of course, always diligent to watch out for Spiderman. She is so wise.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is such a sweetie pie Ruth.

Ros said...

How sweet. I can totally relate to the excitement of when they start to talk and express their little personalities too!

And thank you for the beautiful words you left on my comments. They mean a lot. I love you and your family too.

By the way, Ben just saw the squirrel pic below and thinks its awesome. He is telling his sisters all about it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ruthie! I wasn't sure if I had let you know that my husband and I are expecting our own little precious one in September! A sweet little girl to be named Lauren Elizabeth! We're very excited! Love you and miss you!!

Jen Krtek (Beall)