Monday, August 01, 2005

Our Weekend Project


We had a lovely and exhausting visit in Kansas with my family. After visiting my brother in Missouri, we made our way to take a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine in Baldwin, Ks. Then we went on to visit family in my hometown. It was especially great staying with my twin sister and her family in their new house. They have been really blessed with a charming old house full of character and plenty of space for a growing family. It's a beautiful home. Our kids were particularly taken with the train table my brother-in-law built for their little ones. Our little Speedbuggy, 22 months, loves Thomas and has ignited her brother and sister's interest in trains as well. All we needed was inspiration! This weekend Luke and I built our own train table for the kids. It was a fun project. It has a sturdy white laminate board for the table top and we also have a dry erase board that fits the frame. I am really pleased with the way it turned out and especially excited about all the uses a table like this can have for years to come: trains, blocks, legos, puzzles, playdoh..etc. What a great investment!