Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Summer Pictures!

Here's a few photos of our summer. We put this swingset together just before our vacation so the kids got to swing while I packed!


And a close up of the beautiful three:

A few of my favorites from the garden:


Every Kansas girl needs some sunflowers, even when she lives in Michigan! Ours have gotten huge. The tallest must be at least nine feet tall. It is really amazing to watch something that big grow in a season from a tiny seadling pushing up through the soil to a really awe-inspiring flower. My children call them trees.

One more...I can't resist adding this breath-taking sunset captured by a good friend on a recent vacation in Charlevoix, Michigan..It's too beautiful not to share.
(Thanks, Stephanie!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the picture and so happy that you thought to put it out for everyone else to enjoy too:)The pictures of your flowers are awesome!! I smile everytime I look out and see those sunflowers, they are giants.

Ruthie said...

I only wish I had been able to see that painted sky in person...what a magnificent sight! Yes, those sunflowers are a bit overwhelming.