Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Good Friends

If you have read much of what I post you know already that I am a bit sentimental. I have good reason to be, because I have been blessed time and again with the dearest of friends and a precious family.

I recieved an email yesterday from my college roommate, Kristi, announcing her recent engagement. It is amazing how a flood of warm feelings and smiles can overwhelm you from just a few written words and a picture of a good friend's smiling face. I just want to take a minute to say this young lady is one of the sweetest and most gentle souls I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. And I am thankful for the time we shared as roommates. I remember the night of my first date with Luke, the man who would eventually be my husband. I returned to our dorm room all filled up with a gush of excitement and feelings, plopped down on her bed and poured out my heart to her. Throughout those months she was a patient ear to my "gushing," in the whirlwind of falling
in love. I think that's one reason I enjoyed reading her email so much. Hmmmn. Life is so much sweeter with dear friends who can celebrate with us and cry with us and laugh with us. Today I'm celebrating! Congratulations, Kri!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Ruthie, that post brought back great memories of being on the same floor with Kristi! I agree with you that she is one of sweetest and most genuine people one could ever meet. Thanks for that memory and when you speak with Kristi again, please send her my congrats! Jen

Ruthie said...

Jen,
You are also a wonderful part of some really great memories, my friend! I will send Kristi your Congrats!! ( :
Ruthie