Thursday, October 06, 2005

"Our 24 Family Ways"

Yesterday my six -year-old son asked me, "Mom, do you think you could make me a list of my jobs so I could do them without having to be asked?" What more need I say? It is really a blessing to see such signs of maturity in our children.

For anyone interested in some great reading on the topic of parenting, may I suggest anything written by Sally and Clay Clarkson? I have been encouraged and equipped by their books. My children and I are particularly enjoying their Our 24 Family Ways color book right now. We are reading and discussing each "family way" and corresponding picture, working on memorizing each and applying them to our daily lives. I have seen some great results in all of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you posted that one. It is amazing how mature Samuel is. You should feel proud, you are doing a great job as a mother and mentor to your children.

Ruthie said...

I love reading your comments, Steph. Thanks...you're a great friend!