Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday: Senses

Have ever been so sick that you felt like your senses were too overwhelmed with physical discomfort to be aware of spirit? That is what my week has been like. Trying to care for my sick little ones, nurture myself, keep up with household responsibilities and writing has been a challenge. My house has suffered and my patience has been short.

Last night my five-year-old layed in her bed crying...it's been a tough week for her too. I sat down, exhausted and let my tired heart open to my little girl. Every once in a while I am utterly amazed at how much I need my kids. This gentle-hearted litte soul held me in her hand as I sat on the end of her bed and assured her of the wonderful journey that we are taking together as she grows up...5 years, 10, 15, 20...I sat and told her stories that I know my children have heard may times, about when I was a little girl and how I couldn't imagine what my life would be like when I grew up. Now I look at my husband and children and I feel so amazed and blessed...Wow, who knew these little people would grace my life?

This morning I woke up early feeling much better, ready to find a quiet place and connect with
my Creator...body no longer overwhelming soul. Deep breath...yes I feel it...spirit moving in, around, through me, holding us all together. Thank God for sweet quiet moments filled with pure awareness of His ever-present nearness. May those moments grow so close together that they mesh into every activity of my life--sensing the sacred in the common.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running up stairs the other night I noticed something pink out of the corner of my eye, it was you and Ruby swinging all huddled close and I could tell that you were thinking and praying. It was really sweet;) Made me think of this last paragraph.

Ruthie said...

That fresh air that swept in my door when you brought those cookies over was irresistable...Ruby and I had to get out in it, if only for a few minutes...in my big fluffly pink robe layered over my clothes. She's been spending a lot of time wrapped up inside that robe with me lately. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruthie!

I'm having a little "Thankful Thursday" withdraw! I hope you are feeling better! Take care. Miss you.

Jen