Saturday, March 03, 2007

Deep Breathes, Crisp Air, Sunshine And Good Movies

For anyone who really keeps up with what's going on in My Woods (or A Path to My Woods), sorry I missed my Thankful Thursday! Besides having sick kiddos this week, I have a lot of thoughts brewing on the back burner. I'm feeling thankful, inspired and refreshed today. I'll write more later on that.

But let me just give you a few tidbits off the top of my head. Honestly, I don't want to spend too much time here this morning. The ground is still covered with snow, but the sun has been breaking occasionally through my window, and taking a deep breathe as I retrieved the mail sent my heart racing and mind reeling for a moment...it's a bit intoxicating to the spirit, and my front porch is beckoning.

In a moment of spontaneity, I popped in one of my all time favorite movies last night, Emma , with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam. No matter how many times I see this movie, I am charmed. I laugh, I swoon, I feel sympathy and exasperation and even a sense of pride, cheering on the young Emma as she grows into a lady, loved faithfully by the unmatchable Mr. Knightly. I'm not a movie critic and I won't waste words comparing this adaptation with Jane Austen's lovely novel or the well-done mini-series with Kate Beckinsale. I will simply say that this is a movie for pure aesthetics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we were at my moms this weekend we walked over to the clubhouse to get a few movies and the fresh air was great I agree. Especially after being in a car for almost 2 hours;)