Friday, April 18, 2008

Back from Vacation

I'm ready for a vacation. We arrived home from our zippy Spring Break trip to Florida on Monday at about 2:30 am. The past week has been spent trying to recuperate, getting the kids back and forth to school, avoiding an everest-sized pile of laundry that I've been transferring repeatedly from floor to bed and back, wondering aimlessly around a big city trying to get to a doctor's appointment for my four-year-old, and blowing my nose raw. I keep asking myself, "Did we just go to Disney World?" Whoa...did I miss that or what?

Yes, we drove a long long way. We played in the water, visited Neverland (which Sophie proclaimed as a dream come true), explored Mickey's house and the Hundred Acre Woods, Ooohed and Aaahed at the parade and fireworks. We went on Safari at the Animal Kingdom where Samuel rode his first roller coaster. Then spent a day at Sea World. The shark exhibit was a hit with the older two and we all got a bang out of Clyde and Seamore (at the seal show.) I'm always in awe of the beluga whale exhibit...incredible. I have to admit though, the new Shamu show had me holding back tears a few times...a beautiful tribute to Mother Earth and our connection with all the creatures of our blue planet.

Then we drove back home. Home is good.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds fantastic!

Ros said...

you've been so busy! Glad you had a great trip!
And as I said before, I loved the photos.