Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Children's Motrin and Toddler Chatter

My kids have been sick this week. Poor Sophie started complaining about a headache Sunday night and has had a fever off and on since, followed by a flaming sore throat and earache. Sarah climbed up in my lap on Tuesday afternoon and said, "I think I have a fever." She was asleep within minutes in my arms. We went to the doctor yesterday...the throat swabs came back negative for strep throat, but I'd be surprised if the culture results told the same story. I am so thankful for Children's Motrin and Tylenol...I know my girls are too.

During weeks like this one, a bit of light-hearted humor does a lot for the soul. Ruby (19 mo.) is always willing to comply. Her toddler chatter is so funny. If you ask her what her name is right now she will always respond with a smile and "Googay." Yesterday she was nursing while I sat at the computer. She stopped and said, "No...no nurse." Pausing for a moment, then, "Okay...nurse," picking up where she left off. I'm thankful for toddler chatter...it's a sign that she's growing up, yes...and nursing my baby will not last much longer...a reminder to laugh and enjoy the fleeting time because baby is growing up.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sorry to hear that the kids are not feeling well:( At least it will be gone for spring break:) Ruby is too cute!! I miss that nursing time, it is a real bonding time that's for sure. And one that I might not have had if it wasn't for your support through those first few weeks:) I'll be thankful for a friend like you today;)

Ruthie said...

Thanks, Steph...you're awesome :)

Ros said...

I'm sorry to hear the girls are sick! Hugs from Australia!