Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shhhh...

Wait. It's still cold outside. Where I live the snow was a heavy wet blanket yesterday. Today it has mostly melted away, but Spring is only just on the verge of breaking through. It is cold and wet. The ground is still holding most of it's treasures below the surface. As I read A Mystic Garden by Gunilla Norris, every word resonates with the Winter outside and the Winter within. The cold numbing wind, the saturated ground just waking from months of frozen hardness. I'm anxious....anxious for sunshine, flowers,dirt on my hands, children swinging, trees waving green arms against a dreamy blue summer sky. I am anxious for my garden. But I'm waiting...still...inside...waiting for what is dormant, what seems lifeless, to spring into my sight.

"With or without your hard work

God is always moving

in your life.

Wait on the Holy,

wait and receive the gifts that come."

~Gunilla Norris~

First posted April 12, 2007 on A Path to My Woods

No comments: