Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Everything.

Rumi, Pay Homage

If God said,
"Rumi, pay homage to everything
that has helped you
enter my
arms,"

there would not be one experience of my life,
not one thought, not one feeling,
not any act, I
would not
bow
to.

~Rumi~
(translation by Daniel Ladinsky,
Love Poems from God)

I thought this would be a good way to resurrect my Thankful Thursday posts. My children often sum up their prayers, whether at the dinner table or family time, with the words, "God, thank you for everything." A simple prayer, but I can't think of a better one. Simplicity, contentment, gratitude...finding grace in every moment, recognizing the Divine in it all.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a great blessing to have the eyes to see Gods presence in all the moments of our lives. I know having a friend like you has brought me closer to Him.