Wednesday, February 20, 2008





"Wisdom consists in doing the next thing


that you have to do...doing it with your whole heart


and finding delight in doing it.


And the delight is the sense of the sacred."


~Helen Luke~


I believe this and I'm growing in my practice of it, however yet still imperfect! I've thought recently about the weight at the other side of divine acceptance...some call it divine discontent. These are the weights balancing each side of the well known Serenity Prayer:


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference
.


What I want is to know when discontent is the Divine pushing you out of your comfort zone into something new and when it is rather your own restless soul searching for peace outside of yourself.


Let me go further with that thought. I believe what St. Augustine put beautifully: "You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you" Both divine acceptance and divine discontent are wrapped up in this very truth.


Okay, that's as far as I'll go for now. What do you think about divine acceptance and divine discontent?


First posted February 28, 2007 on A Path to My Woods

No comments: