Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thankful Thursday: Fresh New Mornings

Every morning brings a new sunrise, a new day, new hope. Sometimes a good night's sleep followed by a fresh new morning is just what we needed! I know by the end of my day, I am anxious to crawl into bed and welcome a new start! By the time I've gotten the kids all jammied and I think they are just about wound down for the night, something throws us off. Everyone's tired, including me! We all need a new morning.

Being a big L.M. Montgomery fan, I think back to the wise advise Miss Stacey gave Anne Shirley: "Tomorrow is a new day, all fresh with no mistakes in it." I find myself repeating similar words to myself and to my children. What a relief to know we can start over, to know we don't have to cling to mistakes. Things can be made right and we all deserve compassion...even from ourselves! If the Psalmist can celebrate God's new mercies every morning, surely we can celebrate with him.

Gunilla Norris speaks eloqently in her book, Being Home, about Awakening:

First thought--as in "first light"--
let me be aware that I awaken in You.
Before I even think that I am in my bed,
let me think that I am in You.
I am thankful for fresh new mornings and the opportunity to give my children the same sense of joy in finding ourselves once again in "You."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be needing a fresh new morning tommorow;)Rough day over here but this post helps me to re-group and start fresh.

Have you been having trouble commenting on blogger? I have, just wondering?