Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday: Little Hands

Often my mother-in law comes to watch the little ones so I can walk to the school by myself to pick up my kindergartener and second-grader. I have to admit that sometimes my hands feel very empty when I'm walking alone. So I can't help but feel thankful walking home with a little hand in mine...and especially thankful that my nearly 8 year old son still eagerly slips his hand into mine, even on the school playground surrounded by his friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right to notice and be thankful for the everyday things that we take for granted. I love this one it really makes you stop and take a good look at teh everyday things and how precious they are:)

I have a good one and tried to do it yesterday but it is hard to add in a picture then continue to type then add pic, so on. I had it figured out until I tried it again and then I couldn't remember:0. I'll try it again later today.

Anonymous said...

You are wise to relize this is rare behavior for an eight year old.You must be a very special mom with an extraordinary young man.Sounds like the two of you are blessed.

Ruthie said...

Thank you. I do feel unbelievably blessed!