Sunday, April 24, 2005

Choosing the Better (part one)

This is poetry that leaked out onto my page in a quiet moment last week:

The earth is still when a baby sleeps
and mother rests
but the chattering of little children
and the laughter of tiny voices
do not cease.

This, of course was written with the sound of little voices in the background playing quietly while mom took a little rest.

And then....as thoughts progressed:

I do not have the energy to clean
I used to clean because I felt I must
keep home and hearth perfectly spotless.
I used to clean because I thought
a perfect home reflected a peaceful heart--not so.

Now I am older and I long for the younger
Me.

A peaceful self who sat and pondered, sang and wrote
A peaceful self who walked and soaked-in life-surrounding,
then longing more for grace and truth.

My children have not met her.
My husband has not seen her for a very
long
time.

No comments: