Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Speedbuggy and the Princess

I have a 20-month-old daughter who is a little speedbuggy...she is very busy. She is also starting to put some pretty interesting sentences together. Her big sister, who aspires to be a princess, a candy-maker, a farmer, an artist and a grand-duke when she grows up, is 4 in May. They enjoy playing "Candy-maker," in which the Little Princess plays a character named "Hiya" (whom I'm sure you will learn more about later) and Baby Speedbuggy is always made to play "Hunca Munca," a Beatrix Potter character whom we have all been quite taken with. Last night, shortly before bed, the two girls busied themselves as I typed my post. I heard Baby Speedbuggy struggling to pull out the second row of diapers from the tightly packed bag to add to the growing pile the girls had transferred to the back hallway. She finally came to me with a flustered look and exclaimed (in her not-yet-two dialect), "Maaa! I nee hep!" Of course, I didn't help her pull the rest of the diapers from the bag, but I was instantly overcome by the blossoming communication skills of my baby.

No comments: