Sunday, April 24, 2005

Choosing the Better (part two)

A few nights ago after getting the kids to bed, I walked downstairs and past the den where on the floor still lay a pile of clean clothes waiting to be folded and put away. I lamented , "Ohh, I still have to do the laundry." And my dear husband said, "If someone wrote a comic book about you, your arch-enemy would be the laundry and the dishes." I just laughed and said, "You're right," and curled up next to him on the couch. The laundry was still on the floor in the morning, but it is not there today.

I will not let what is undone steal my joy for the moment.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh Ruth how could I have forgotten.

So long ago I read your wise words, I will not let what is undone steal my joy for the moment.
Thank you for all your wise words and wonderful advise. I miss you and steph. Take care, Kel