Monday, March 03, 2008

China TVs

The volume level at our table was really loud last night. Four excited kids trying to talk over each other about upcoming vacation prospects created more chaos than I like at dinner. I typically prefer peaceful coversation highlighted with polite children saying "excuse me" and waiting patiently for their turn to talk. Last night I got excited, happy, laughing, loud kids. I can handle that trade up much better than tired, fussy, crying, loud kids. So, playing along, I suggested we pretend to have volume controls like the TV. Sam and Sophie played along. Sarah just looked at me, not so easily convinced. Then I asked if they had mute buttons. Sam quickly turned his mute on so that when I pushed the button it would 'unmute' him. I asked Sarah if she had a mute button. She said, "No, I'm pretending to be a China TV"

So, apparently, China TV's don't have mute buttons.

1 comment:

Ros said...

LOL I love hearing Sarah's comments. She's so funny.

I wish my Alexa had a volume button. Not joking, there have been times I've been in the car trying to hear her as she sits in the back and turned the volume up on the radio by mistake (trying to turn up Alexa's volume). She is so quiet!
I would be turning Ben and Nata down though or even on mute if they had volume buttons haha