Tuesday, March 11, 2008

When I Grow Up

Over the years I have discovered that only a few things bring me immense personal satisfaction and joy. I'm talking here about what Joseph Campbell refers to when he says "follow your bliss." For me that bliss is definitely in the creative area. Though I've enjoyed many avenues of self-expression through art, music, drama, nothing stirs me like the written word. I can't even really explain the feeling I get when I write something...create something with words...that I love. That is why I write. And why I look at everything I write as practice for when I grow up. I'm in no hurry...I'm just strolling along after my bliss. I'm getting to know me...which isn't so bad.

1 comment:

Ros said...

I'm glad you enjoy your writing.. it's great to find something you are passionate about.. especially when it's something that is so accessible!